Thursday, June 4, 2009

Inchelium Visit: What We Do About Every Other Week

I wanted to do a little documentary on our Inchelium trips. We go to Inchelium for doctors appointments, dentist appointments, to get WIC checks and to see Papa and Auntie Punkin. Whenever we go we run into other family and spend lots of time chatting. Sometimes, it's our only social outing of the week (besides church), so it's a pretty important event.
Here we are loading up on the ferry from Gifford to Inchelium. The ferry crosses the Columbia River, where it has become wide because of Grand Coulee Dam and it's now Lake Roosevelt.

Whenever I take pictures on the ferry, some nice Indian man or lady gives me a look like, "Oh, I'm sure this is a novelty for you...". I'm always a little shy and would like to say that in fact I am a local.
Getting on the ferry:




Silas looks really happy to be in his car seat. But, he did get a special "Silas Soda" to drink before be left. He and I drink carbonated water. It's our version of caffeine free/sugar free.

Emmitt in his big boy seat that Silas used to use.





Elise is still in the infant seat. She's just a little button.




The sign, just in case someone new comes looking for the clinic. I'm not sure if anyone new has ever come up to the clinic.





The clinic: Auntie Punkin works there in the pharmacy. I didn't take any pictures of the doctors or clinic workers; once again, I was too embarrassed. Really it's my whiteness that makes me feel like I shouldn't make myself stick out any more than I already do.



A mural inside:




A painting inside that I really like:





Heading back across the ferry: A truck almost hit me as I took this photo because he expected me to just keep going and load up on the ferry.








The beautiful view from the ride across the river. The breeze across the water brought the temperature down about 10 degrees. It was lovely.



Local terrain: dry and mountainous


On the ferry ride back, Silas got to "drive" the van. He is sporting his new Dora sticker that he picked out a the doctor's office.

















1 comment:

butters said...

Thanks for the post... I feel like I have a glimpse into your "world." I love the photo of Elise as she looks out the window, like she's really being reflective. I also love the picture of you and Si at the end, a cute little boy who looks just like his MAMA! (: Love you and miss you. Kisses to those darling babies from "auntie" Jenna.