Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Some Relationships are Just Like That

...enduring; spanning miles and years; comfortable, yet willing to challenge.

I had a great little visit with my East Valley ladies, April and Tamara the other day. April is home for the birth of her sister's twins, so we took the opportunity to have lasagna on the porch and play Scrabble. Of course, Tamara creamed us in Scrabble (thanks, I'm sure, to all of those two-letter, "it's a word that's allowed in Scrabble...I don't know what it means" words), but we all laughed most of the night anyway.



The kids were free to roam our five acres while I finished getting dinner on the table. Tamara made sure everyone followed our two family rules: 1. No using the drill in the dirt. 2. Don't point your guns (pretend at present) at any person.

April took all of these lovely pictures.
Silas and Elise have a special love for their helmets. They like to run around wearing them long after the bikes have been put to the side.

4 comments:

butters said...

I'm glad you got to see your buddies and it looks rather beautiful at your place. The kids are adorable, Isaac is the same about his helmet, he wears it all the time which creates a very sweaty head! Miss ya.

Barry said...

I miss you too!! I think we should get together and go running when we see eachother this summer. You can show me your mad triathlon skills! :)

Discombobulated said...

Your children keep growing. Elise is beautiful. I really would love to squeeze those cheeks. I am glad you are doing well in your new house. : )

Sarah

Barry said...

I miss you Sarah. I do look at your blog too. It kind of feels like we keep in touch! :)