Friday, March 19, 2010

The Warm Temperatures Bring my Creativity Back to Life

With the coming of Spring, I always find myself opening up my heart to accomplishing things I've left unattended throughout the winter. I love the sun. It brings with it gardening, digging in the dirt, dreams of splashing in warm water and the coveted vitamin D, which brings me to life! Today at my MOM's group we created a decorative jar and I decided to follow an antique French motif...you can judge if I succeeded, but I love my jar. It makes the perfect, simple vase for my very favorite: calla lilies.

If you know Valerie Sjodin's artwork, you'll notice one of her self portraits on the far left. I love that little piece.

1 comment:

rosie said...

I love the jar you painted and the pot at mom's group. You are creative!
We all need some creative outlet time!