Thursday, December 11, 2008

A Time To Decide

When life changes I suppose we all have a choice. What our life circumstances become will not always be in our control. "Life" seems to have a direction of its own, not bothering to check with me about the flow or timetable.
While a senior in high school, I helped select the following quote for our senior motto: "We are exactly where we have chosen to be." I no longer remember the author, and yet I have often thought about that message. Yes, we are, in a sense, where we have chosen, but life is not a bank account, which yeilds exactly what we have deposited. I suppose it's more like the stock market. We deposit and hope that the market will improve. We research and find the most promising financial future, but even the most experienced broker cannot assure you of immediate, or even eventual gain. You watch and wait, hoping to someday be exactly where you have chosen to be.
So in the midst of being "not" exactly where I have chosen to be, I have a choice to make. How will I respond to the life that is mine - not that life which I thought I chose? Will I find the strengths of my situation? The strengths of my spouse? The beauty of my children? The sweetness of the unpredicted? Or will I become bitter? Will I cast off God and refuse to forgive because "I have that right"? Will I shrivel? Or will I choose abundant life?

Elise, Silas, Emmitt & Amelia: we love it when Amelia and her mommy come to play!


The three little squishy ones.


Dad, Elise, Mom, Emmitt, Me, Barry & Silas at Thanksgiving



The Thanksgiving crew including JD, Kara, Kylen, Evie, & Lydia. We are really missing Angie and her family.






3 comments:

butters said...

Love you beautiful friend. I am happy for the update and the cute pictures of your kiddos. They are so squishable.

Si.. looks as cute as ever, Nate was asking about him the other day. "Where is he? Where did he go?" Is he really almost three?!

Auntie Jenna loves and misses you all,
I'll call soon,
charged up my card.(:
love ya

Discombobulated said...

Your fruit are beautiful! I hope you are doing well. :)

Melissa said...

I do read your blog, but don't always comment. I hope all is well with you? I've come to points in my life where I've thought these same things. Life is not easy and every moment has a choice that will lead you to another. I always stay with following my own heart and asking God if that is his will then to lead me there. Hope this helps in your ponderings. Melissa